Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A major disappointment: handled well


I've been waiting for about 5 months to see Morrissey. I counted down the days and was very excited that the day had finally arrived. We decided to go out to eat at the Munich Haus before the concert. I had one of the best meals I ever had(yes, it really was some of the best food I've ever had). I had the Bavarian Platter which consisted of Schnitzel, Sauerbraten, and various sausages. We always love to fill up on the meat before a Morrissey show. I believe the first time we saw him we ate at White Castle and the second time we had a huge pastrami sandwich at the Carnegie Deli. We had sausage left over and I suggested that we save it to throw at Morrissey.
(I'm just kidding about that. I wouldn't waste this sausage. Remember it was the BEST I've ever had). Anyway, we drove about 20 minutes to the Pines Theater where we saw a sign that the show was cancelled. We assumed that it was due to the weather since it was an outdoor venue and it looked like it was going to storm. When I got home I looked it up and it is actually due to Morrissey being sick. Now normally, I would be extremely upset about this. Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy but I handled it really well. I didn't bitch or cry or swear or anything. For such a major disappointment I was okay with it. Maybe I would've been more upset if I had never seen Morrissey before. I guess the man can't really help if he was sick and plus the weather was really bad. I doubt he will reschedule but you never know.

2 comments:

badbuddha said...

Ted Nugent did not have a cough-cough-sniffle-sniffle that same night...and even though most of those attending were the lowest of lows in the gene pool bucket of 1988 in Schenectady...(which was possibly also your boy's top year). Mr Nugent did show up for his performance and did rock out!

tt said...

Yes, I know. I am disappointed at Morrissey. It's sort of funny-you saw Ted Nugent who is all about killing and eating animals and I went to see Morrissey who is a PETA member and even wrote a song called "Meat is Murder". Meat my be murder but if Murder tastes as good as some dinosaur ribs, sign me up!!!!!!!!